Date of Last Revision: 11th May 2018
As further described below, when you use or otherwise access the Services, we may collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from your browser or device.
- Information That You Provide Directly to Us:We collect information from you (including, but not limited to, your name, email address, and location) when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, provide us with feedback, register for access to the Services, or use certain Services.
You may also provide us with information relating to third parties—including information stored in your email and mobile device address books—such as, without limitation, names, email addresses, and phone numbers of your contacts (collectively, “Third-Party Data”). The Services may request your permission to access such Third-Party Data.
We collect this information for the purposes described below in the section entitled, Our Use of Information Collected. While you are under no obligation to directly provide us with such information, should you choose to withhold such information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the Services.
If you provide “personal data” (as defined under the Privacy Shield principles – See Privacy Shield section for more information on how we treat information from users who reside in the European Union, European Economic Area, and Switzerland) to the Services, you acknowledge and agree that such personal data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of Fund My Page and the authorized third parties referred to herein located in the United States.
Our Services may include online chats and message boards. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information for both us and other users to use and share. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using the community to share your opinions. We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation, to review and monitor such posting or any other content on our Services, and to remove postings or content that may be viewed as inappropriate or offensive to others.
- Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected
- Device & Usage Information:When you interact with Fund My Page through the Services, we automatically receive and store certain information from devices that you use to access the Services. This information is collected passively using various technologies, and includes the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Services, your operating system, and may include location data through an IP address that identifies the city and state where you logged into the Platform or your precise geo-location if you have permitted your mobile device to provide that information to us. Fund My Page may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Fund My Page affiliates, agents or service providers.
- Aggregated Data:In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Fund My Page often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on information we collect. We may de-identify and/or aggregate the information collected through the Services for research purposes or any other purposes, and we may share this data with our affiliates, agents, business partners, or other third parties.
- Location Information:When you use the Services to organize a fundraising campaign, the Services may request that you provide your city or town and state or province of residence. Please keep in mind that other users of the Services may be able to view your city or town and state or province of residence in connection with the campaign, if it is made available within Fund My Page’s Public Search Directory. We may also use your location information in an aggregate way, as described above in the “Aggregated Data” section.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies:When you interact with the Services, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our Platform, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application, and that store and sometimes track information about your use of the Platform. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Platform and will last longer.
Some of the cookies used by the Platform are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers or mobile devices.
You may also consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies and local storage objects, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
If you are accessing our Services through a mobile device, you can also update your privacy settings on your device by setting the “Limit Ad Tracking” and Diagnostics and Usage setting property located in the settings screen of your Apple iPhone or iPad, or by resetting your Android ID through apps that are available in the Play Store. You can also limit information collection by uninstalling the App on your device and you can use the standard uninstall process available as part of your device for this purpose.
You may also have the option of posting your Services activities to Social Networking Services when you access content through the Services (for example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on the Platform); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers, and subscribers on any Social Networking Services you have enabled will be able to view such activity.
We may also use the information collected from the “Information We Collect” section, such as device identifiers and MAC addresses, to associate users’ activities, customize content, or tailor advertising to those users across different devices and browsers (for instance, tablets, mobile devices and applications, and websites).
Fund My Page may use the information collected through the Services to contact you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications or other information we think may interest you, as discussed below, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
We may also use data collected through the Services to send communications relating to the Services, in accordance with applicable laws. For example, we may send periodic emails to registered users of the Services relating to their recent interactions with the Services, such as donating to a campaign or “hearting” a campaign. Also, if you use any feature of the Services permitting you to communicate with third parties (such as to refer a third party to the Services or to communicate with them regarding a campaign or a donation), either by submitting Third-Party Data to the Services or otherwise permitting the Services to automatically access Third-Party Data in your possession, you acknowledge and agree that you have the authority of the relevant third party for us to access and use the relevant Third-Party Data and that you have notified these third parties and informed them how their information is collected and used by Fund My Page to provide the Services. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in any messages that are sent to them. We may use Third-Party Data to (1) contact such third party using the Third-Party Data provided, and/or (2) provide you with an editable template message designed to facilitate communication between you and such third party through the Services. In addition to sending the foregoing communications, we may also send reminders or related messages to you and to third parties on your behalf from time to time where permitted by applicable law. In each case, any such communications sent to third parties using Third-Party Data will provide a means to “opt-out” of receiving further communication of the same nature.
Mobile Services: If you access the Services through a mobile device, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding Fund My Page by SMS, MMS, text message, or other electronic means to your mobile device. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your Fund My Page account information to ensure that your messages are not misdirected. Please note that your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply where you access the Services through a mobile device. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Services on a mobile device may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Services on a mobile device, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding Fund My Page by SMS, MMS, text message, or other electronic means to your mobile device . In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your Fund My Page account information to ensure that your messages are not misdirected.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share information collected through the Services with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers:As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, similar event, or steps taken in anticipation of such events (e.g., due diligence in a transaction), user information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants, Vendors and Related Third Parties:Fund My Page, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions on its behalf, and we may provide access to or share your information with these companies so they can perform services for us. Examples of such functions include marketing, mailing information, data storage, security, fraud preventions, payment processing, legal services, and maintaining databases.
- Your consentWe may share your information in the event that you consent to the sharing of your information.
- AnalyticsWe may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology previously described in the “Cookies and other electronic technologies” section to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, and provide certain features to you. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. This information may be used to place interest-based advertisements on the Platform. This may result in you seeing advertisements for our Platform when you visit other websites. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
We may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on our Platform, as well as on other websites you visit. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Also, third parties whose products or services are accessible or advertised on our Platform may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the website as discussed above. We also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) to serve tailored ads to you on our website, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the website. We may provide our customer information (such as a hashed version of your email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to target or “retarget” you with ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications. (You may opt out of these many of these service providers as described in the next paragraph.)
If you receive tailored advertising on your computer through a web browser, you can learn more about such tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, by visiting the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Ad Choices link for EU based advertising or for US based advertising either: (i) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link or (ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into our website or other websites that you visit, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
Our Services are not designed for use by individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Services and/or submit any information through the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Fund My Page through the Services, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete that information from our databases to the extent required by law.
Fund My Page takes steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to Fund My Page via the Internet.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
You may access and correct certain information about you by visiting the “Account Settings” portion of our Platform. You may also request in writing copies of personal information about you held by us. If that information is inaccurate, please let us know and we will endeavor to make the necessary amendments, erase, or block the relevant information as you request.
Fund My Page has certified with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of “personal data” (as defined under the Privacy Shield principles) from applicable European countries. Fund My Page has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement for such personal data. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield list by clicking here.
As required under the principles, when Fund My Page receives information under the Privacy Shield and then transfers it to a third-party service provider acting as an agent on Fund My Page’s behalf, Fund My Page has certain liability under the Privacy Shield if both (i) the agent processes the information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield and (ii) Fund My Page is responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
If you have any questions or complaints about Fund My Page’s privacy practices, including questions related to the Privacy Shield, you may contact us at the email address or mailing address set forth under “Contacting Fund My Page.” We will work with you to resolve your issue.
If you are a resident of the European Union or Switzerland and are dissatisfied with the manner in which we have addressed your concerns about our privacy practices, you may seek further assistance, at no cost to you, from our designated Privacy Shield independent recourse mechanism, the JAMS Privacy Shield Program, which you can learn more about by visiting https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield.
Residents of the European Union or Switzerland may elect to arbitrate unresolved complaints but prior to initiating such arbitration, you must: (1) contact Fund My Page and afford us the opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) seek assistance from Fund My Page’s designated independent recourse mechanism above; and (3) contact the U.S. Department of Commerce (either directly or through a European Data Protection Authority) and afford the Department of Commerce time to attempt to resolve the issue. Each party shall be responsible for its own attorney’s fees. Please be advised that, pursuant to the Privacy Shield, the arbitrator(s) may only impose individual-specific, non-monetary, equitable relief necessary to remedy any violation of the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to the individual. Fund My Page is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
In addition to the rights granted under the section above entitled, “Access to Information,” some international users (including those whose information we collect under the Privacy Shield) have certain legal rights to access certain information we hold about them and to obtain its deletion. To exercise those rights, these users may contact us at email@example.com with their request.
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service at https://www.fundmypage/terms and such other terms, which may be made available to you in connection with your use of the Services.
You may contact us as follows: